VolunteerHub's integration with eTapestry allows you to synchronize your VolunteerHub user data, such as contact information, event registration, and volunteer hours, automatically with eTapestry. If you do not already have the plug-in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What it Syncs
The eTapestry Integration is capable of synchronizing the following data to an eTapestry contact/constituent for every VolunteerHub user:
- First, Middle and Last Name (and Title if applicable)
- Home Address
- Home and Mobile Phone Numbers
- Email Address
- Email Opt-In Status
- Date of Birth
- Emergency Contact Name and Phone Number
- VolunteerHub User ID/Alias
- Date of Last Synchronization
In addition, for every VolunteerHub event registration for that user, the following will be stored in a journal entry:
- Event Name and Date
- Hours Received
How it Works
Once the integration is implemented, synchronization is completely transparent to the end user, meaning no more CSV files to import or export and no buttons to push. Instead, volunteer data is synchronized automatically every hour from VolunteerHub into eTapestry. That data is stored under new or existing constituents in eTapestry:
- VolunteerHub users will be sync'ed into eTapestry as contacts with the data source "API Addition." Click on the contact's name to view his/her contact information.
- VolunteerHub users' event registration will be sync'ed into eTapestry as journal entries. Click on a contact's journal entry to view the event name/date and the volunteer's hours for that event.
Every hour, the integration synchronizes all VolunteerHub users that have 1) updated their accounts or 2) received hours or registered for events since the last time the sync ran. Once it brings over a new volunteer for the first time, you will need to de-duplicate users in eTapestry (we recommend at least once per week), merging the new volunteer accounts created by VolunteerHub with the corresponding existing record in eTapestry, if applicable, or leave it as a new record if the volunteer didn't have an account previously. From that point on, the integration will continue to sync updated user information and hours to the same record in eTapestry.
Things to Remember
Here are some things to remember about your eTapestry integration:
- Deduplicate users in eTapestry regularly. When new contacts are first brought over to eTapestry, they may have already had an account in eTapestry. Do not attempt to merge more than one VolunteerHub account into an existing eTapestry account. VolunteerHub can only maintain hours and user data for individuals. Also, be sure the final merged record maintains the newest VolunteerHub ID and details (choose Merge or Replace, not Ignore - generally the newest VolunteerHub record should be your target record).
- Never delete or change the username or password for the eTapestry administrator seat you provide to VolunteerHub Support during the integration set-up. This will cause the automatic synchronization process to fail!