The Multi-Event Editor (formerly Batch Modification) allows you to modify the details of several events at once, including event descriptions and other basic information, start/end times, user registrations and group reservations. These modifications can be made across all events within a particular time range or just across those events matching certain criteria, such as events occurring on Mondays or events associated with a particular event group or recurrence master.
The Multi-Event Editor is available at no extra charge to Enterprise Plan customers and may be added to existing Plus and Pro sites at an additional cost. Contact your account manager or email email@example.com for more information.
This article covers each of the following topics:
The first step in making changes to a large number of events is to filter for the events to which you want to make changes. First, launch the app from the main menu by clicking on the Multi-Event Editor button. This will open the Select Events page of the Multi-Event Editor.
Click the filter icon to display the options (Figure 1).
Figure 1. Follow the steps above to select your events.
Figure 2. The Select Pattern button (step 3 of Figure 1) allows for selecting a specific pattern of dates.
This page contains a variety of fields through which you can select the events you’d like to modify. These fields can be used alone or in combination with each other. Each of these fields is described below (Figure 1).
- Date: Use this field to select only those events occurring within a particular date range. This field is required.
- Event Group: Use this field to select only those events belonging to a particular event group by typing the name of the group and selecting it from the matches provided.
- Time: Use this field to select only those events with start and end times within a certain time range.
- Event Contact: Use this field to select only events with a certain user as the Event Contact.
- Recurrence Master: Use this field to select only those events created as instances of a particular recurrence master by typing the name of the master and selecting it from the matches provided.
- User Group Reservation: Use this field to select only those events that you’ve reserved for a particular user group by entering the desired user group into the field provided and selecting the correct group.
- User Registration: Use this field to select only those events that a particular user is registered for by entering the desired user’s name into the field provided. After typing at least three (3) letters into the field, matching users will auto-populate below the field; click on a user from those that auto-populate below.
- Pattern: Use the Select Pattern button to select only those events occurring on a specific daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis. For example, to modify only those events occurring every Monday, you would select a weekly pattern (Figure 2).
- Step 1: Select the type of pattern: daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly.
- Step 2: Set the frequency and specifics of the pattern.
- Step 3: Apply your pattern by clicking the Apply button.
Once you’ve selected the desired filters, click on the Filter button again to display your events.
Once you have filtered for the events you’ll be modifying, you will see the Select from Filtered Events page of the Multi-Event Editor. This page displays all events matching the criteria you entered through the filter.
Figure 3. Review your events and uncheck any you did not wish to modify. Click Next to continue.
By default, all events matching your criteria are selected. Deselect any that you do not wish to modify, then click on the Next button.
After selecting the events you’d like to modify from the filtered list, you will see the Choose Modification page of the Multi-Event Editor. This page allows you to define the type of modification being made as well as the details of that modification. Any selected changes will be made to all events selected on the previous page.
There are eight types of modifications you can make in the Multi-Event Editor, each of which is described below. The available fields for each type of modification depend on the modification type selected from the Type of Modification field:
- Edit event details: Choose this type to make changes to the basic properties of the selected events, such as the event name, start/end times, descriptions, location, event slot limit, email settings, etc. Choose Change beside each type of change you’d like to make. For each item selected, make your changes in the fields provided. This modification type is primarily used when editing large numbers of single occurrences.
*Note on Recurrence Masters: Changing the properties of instances of a recurrence master using the Multi-Event Editor will detach those properties from the master. In addition, because masters may have only one instance per day, changes to event times should occur within the Instances page of the master, NOT via the Multi-Event Editor (doing so will result in an error if the original times spanned two separate dates, such as 12am to 12am the following day). Finally, changes made via the Multi-Event Editor to event properties that are not detachable from recurrence masters, including Waivers and Event Group, will affect only single occurrence events.
- Add a user group reservation: Choose this type to reserve the selected events for a particular user group by entering the desired user group into the auto-populate field provided. Then, enter the details of the reservation as you would normally do in the Registered Users page for each event.
- Modify a user group reservation: Choose this type to modify an existing user group reservation on the selected events by entering the reserved user group into the auto-populate field provided. The user group must already have a reservation on the selected events. Then, choose Change beside any field you’d like to modify for the selected reservation and enter your changes into the field provided. To change the settings for the event in general (e.g., add a waitlist for all volunteers), enter "Unaffiliated Users" as the user group you'd like to modify.
- Remove a user group reservation: Choose this type to remove an existing user group reservation from the selected events by entering the reserved user group into the auto-populate field provided.
- Register a user: Choose this type to register a user for the selected events by entering the user’s name into the auto-populate field provided. To register the user under a group’s reservation for those events, enter a user group into the User Group Affiliation field. To register the user without a user group affiliation, enter “Unaffiliated Users” into this field. NOTE: If any of the events you selected do not contain the reservation you are adding the user's registration under, the user will not be registered for those events.
- Modify a user registration: Choose this type to make changes to a user’s existing registration for the selected events by entering the user’s name into the auto-populate field provided. The user must already be registered for the selected events. Then, choose Change beside any registration detail you’d like to modify for the selected user and enter your changes into the field provided.
- Remove a user registration: Choose this type to remove a user’s existing registration for the selected events by entering the user’s name into the auto-populate field provided.
- Delete selected events: Choose this type to delete the selected events. This will delete all user registrations associated with all events selected on the previous page.
After selecting a modification type and entering the desired modifications, click on the Next button to continue.
After entering all the desired modifications, you will see the Confirm Modifications page of the Multi-Event Editor. This page contains three sections:
- Confirm Modification: To proceed, you must agree to the terms of the Multi-Event Editor. The fee is only applicable should you make changes to your events which you did not intend and it requires restoration from our team. There is no fee for simply using the Multi-Event Editor.
- Modifications: This lists the changes requested to the events.
- Events Selected for Modification: This lists the specific events to which the modification(s) will be done.
When modifying large numbers of events at once, we recommend reviewing this page twice for accuracy before continuing.
If everything on the page looks accurate, click on the Confirm Changes button to apply the listed changes. This will take you to the Modification Complete page, from which you can modify the selected events again by clicking on the Modify Selection Again button or exit the wizard by clicking on the Back to Events button.
This video demonstrates the process of modifying multiple events in the older interface. Though the looks and feel of the tool has changed, the process and options remain the same.