In order to provide an option to the user to opt to receive text (SMS) messages, you must set up the question in VolunteerHub using the following steps:
Navigate to User Forms and click on the "All Users" user group.
Click Add Question and choose Create New Question.
Enter the following configurations for your new question:
- In the Question Type field drop down, the question type must be True/False.
- In the Name and Prompt fields, enter SMS Opt-In
- In the Subprompt field, enter May we send you occasional texts? (Mobile carrier charges may apply.)
- Choose YES as the Require a response to this question option.
- In the Token field, check the box next to SMS Allowed.
- Type in Yes, you may text me in the True Text field
- Type in No, do not text me in the False Text field.
- In the Default Option field, select True.
Click the Save button to save the new question.